Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version

Recently, a new feature was added to the Canvas App, which allows students to "mark-up" PDFs directly in Canvas and submit them. This is amazing! However, it s only a feature on the App, and not in the normal web browser version for students with Laptops or Desktops. This is a great feature that Canvas has, and I just wish the students at our school (who all have district-provided laptops) could do it too!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-05-15).

87 Comments
bhaus
Community Explorer

There is a PDF editor function in the Canvas app for students. There should be a similar function for Desktop users. 

LauraW67
Community Novice

Please, please, add this feature. Our district uses Windows computers and about half of the students are online only, and most of our teachers are simultaneously teaching online and face-2-face. Teachers who are face 2 face have had to become simultaneous teachers at a moment's notice as our district is practicing surgical quarantine. Teachers are doing their best, but it is is highly stressful for everyone--teachers, children and parents. The number 1 request I have heard (I am tech help at an elementary site) is "how can I add my pdf's so that students can easily write on/annotate?" I was crestfallen when I saw this is currently for the app only. 

kendra_murphy1
Community Member

Yes. Please.

tdrescher
Community Member

Yes! Students need annotation capability.

tdrescher
Community Member

Yes please. We need this feature for all students in the web version

campbellj
Community Member

DESPERATE for this addition!!! Please please please!

rdrckrose
Community Novice

It is ridiculous that this isn't already an option. Simply responding to a fillable pdf is a basic necessity when working with files and electronic assignment submissions. 

Mziller
Community Member

Yes please allow this! Many of my students use a laptop and this would save them so much time because they either print it and upload a picture or they write it out on paper and upload. 

e027941
Community Explorer

Please!!!

Hobane
Community Member

We're using Canvas in our elementary school. My second graders can't handle more than two steps to submit an assignment, especially my classified students. They need to be able to type their answers or drag and drop their choices, and submit their work.