Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version

Recently, a new feature was added to the Canvas App, which allows students to "mark-up" PDFs directly in Canvas and submit them. This is amazing! However, it s only a feature on the App, and not in the normal web browser version for students with Laptops or Desktops. This is a great feature that Canvas has, and I just wish the students at our school (who all have district-provided laptops) could do it too!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-05-15).

87 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@epulham Would you please ask that question in the release notes chat about the feature here  2021-05-15: Assignments—Student Annotation Submiss... ? I notice that a few of the commenters are already testing it in their beta instances.

ltaylor10
Community Explorer

I'm testing in Beta.  I went through steps in assigning.  That was easy!

However, when I test as a student there is no content to annotate.  Is this a bug or is there a secrete I'm missing?

TY!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ltaylor10 Please ask your questions about beta testing this new functionality in the dedicated release thread:  2021-05-15: Assignments—Student Annotation Submiss...

ltaylor10
Community Explorer

I found a comment on another thread..  It's because Assignment Enhancements - Student were turned on in course.  TY

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed