Student Questions

0 Likes

I am conducting some Action Research among our students and they have shared that they are embarrassed to ask questions in front of the class.  They wished they had a way to let the teacher know they had a question without letting their peers know.  They also wish they could just ask general questions anonymously so that either the teacher or other students could answer the question. Anonymous, Semi-Anon, Questions

There is a program called Piazza that allows students to ask questions in this manner.  However, I do not want to add another platform for the students to learn and manage.  I would really love it if Canvas had this option available for the "discussions" tool.  I have added a screenshot to help explain what I am looking for from the student discussion board.   

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @MichelleSmith9 -

With the announcement of Discussions/Announcements Redesign, I think some of the features you'd like to use from Piazza are available in Discussions. I think you could creatively leverage Discussions to house student questions for course-related content.

Would the questions from the teacher's perspective also need to be anonymous? In my brief testing, I believe that the students are anonymous for everyone.

Let the Community know if you have any questions or if you'd like to collaborate!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived