Student View of Submission Feedback Full Size Page

0 Likes
(4)

Howdy, 

Whenever a student goes to view a submitted assignments feedback, for example, a graded exam PDF the displaying window is very small it only shows about 1/4 of the page. This should be a full-page view to let students see more of the comments at once especially if the exam is composed of workout problems. I don't think that we should have to resize the page to see more of it, It should already be a full-page view. I have attached images of what pops up whenever I click view feedback. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 6.38.46 PM.png

Thank you, I look forward to this being updated! 

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ginaknowles
Community Member

Along with this, it would be nice if they could see "view feedback", "show rubric", and comments all on one full page just like the teacher can in speed grader. 

supermarnick
Community Explorer

In the student view of "Submission Details" the design needs to be less prohibitive for students to view and understand the reasoning for their grade. The first thing students should see is the Scoring Rubric with full long description viewable showing each criteria and the score a student received. 

Here is a video capturing the main issue:

https://www.loom.com/share/88d7c896ca1f473b9d183c6f4f1e7589

Currently students see a tiny score in the upper right corner, a tiny icon to view the scoring rubric, and then a large view of their own work. The scoring rubric is taking up a 3x5 portion of the screen, but should be viewed 80% of the screen and should actually display the long description of the criteria so that students clearly understand how to improve their work. 

Students are less likely to revise their work if they see a still image of their work converted by Canvas to .ppt, .doc, or .xls formats. Most student work is done in G Suite for Education Workspace; they likely will be more responsive to feedback if that feedback is posted in the product itself. The Scoring Rubric (when used) is the most important thing that students should see in the Submission Details screen, and not a tiny icon that in fact hides this critical information.

Is the design prohibitive of student growth and learning, or will the Canvas student grades submission details screen be configured to teach students habits for success (Growth Mindset) such as viewing the scoring rubric first in order to improve based on specific criteria? 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.