Students cannot advance until watching complete studio instructional video

(15)

I am uploading instructional studio videos into assignemtns and pages, but I don't want my students to advance without instruction. After a super busy week, our first of distance learning, I spent hours looking at each video's insight by student to give credit for completely watching an instructional video. I know that when we do trainings on canvas courses we can't move on without watching the entire video. I want to be able to do this in my canvas courses too!!! Please help!!! I've chatted with 2 tech advisors and it is not possible yet, they said. I don't know why!!!

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jennifer_hewett ‌, as this idea moves forward for voting, have you considered incorporating quiz questions into your Studio video recordings? This would provide students an incentive to watch the entire video and allow the instructor to assess students' comprehension of the subject matter covered in the video. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16586-507361002405 provides instructions.

alice_w_gold
Community Explorer

This option is currently available. Hit the snowman in the module and edit and then hit prerequisites.

MegMitchell
Community Member

Sometimes the videos don't work.   Would that keep a student from finishing an assignment? 

pschubert
Community Member

The incentive idea is nice, but a student could zip through the video not caring a wit about the correct answers because, after submission, the correct answers are posted (we can't prevent this) AND then the student can retake the quiz (we can't prevent this either) filling in the correct answers for 100%.  Major Flaw!!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.