Students pdf annotating tool

0 Likes
(31)

1E1A690D-D05A-465E-9B1B-0956A3643525.jpeg

Students easily can annotate on a pdf with a canvas tool. Teachers would have the option to use this as an assignment type. 

32 Comments
rmeyer3
Community Explorer

This would be an amazing add to Canvas. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
jbarton
Community Participant

Yes please! I shared with teachers the Canvas app solution to this and showed the weird work around where students submit the pdf without editing and then leave themselves feedback, but that is just a confusing work around and many of our students are not working on tablets/smartphones. 

jbarton
Community Participant

Yes please! I shared with teachers the Canvas app solution to this and showed the weird work around where students submit the pdf without editing and then leave themselves feedback, but that is just a confusing work around and many of our students are not working on tablets/smartphones. I have so many asking for this and we are not a Google District so many of the extensions and add ons do not work for us. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Blwarden1 

For Chromebook, please support and subscribe to the idea conversation to which Kristin linked: Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this idea. As @KristinL has noted, this is an easy process for users of the Canvas Student mobile app. We have a conversation underway requesting this annotation capability on a web browser, so please join the discussion at Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version. We've archived this one to remove the duplication and keep the conversation unified in one spot.

Blwarden1
Community Member

Hello, 
I am extremely disappointed you archived the discussion that was taking place. It had a higher ranking than the one you linked and now I feel like it is once again put on the back burner of Canvas. The one you linked was requested over 2 years ago. This is something that over a thousand teachers are requesting. Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 9.02.53 AM.jpg

SBadeaux
Community Member

Please make this happen!!! The steps the students  have to take make no since. Seems like this would have been one of the first things needed in a learning management platform. 

tcole2
Community Member

Yes, please!!! I've been using Canvas as a math teacher for over 5 years and we need something like this. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Blwarden1 

We are hopeful that all of the teachers participating in this now-archived discussion will add their voices (and ratings!) to the conversation underway at Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser . Keeping sentiment and comments unified in one spot is the most effective way for our product teams to evaluate problem statements and develop new functionality.

jmcknight
Community Novice

The way Kami is set up is great, but we shouldn't have to pay another websites money to allow students to annotate on a pdf and then submit that pdf from the same editing page.  Please, please, please make it so students have a way to annotate a pdf from a Chromebook. I have wasted so much of my time trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this task and it should be a tool that is already integrated within Canvas.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

We've closed comments on this idea to encourage people to add them to the discussion at Student PDF Annotations on Web Browser Version if you haven't yet done so. That will help keep the conversation unified.

Thanks!