Studio Quiz access for students

0 Likes

Giving students the ability to create quizzes in Studio would be powerful!

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @MaraSheakley-Ea ...

So this is actually already possible in Studio.  Your school's local Canvas administrator just has to toggle a switch to make it happen.  From a Canvas admin's perspective, the admin:

1. Clicks on the "Studio" global navigation menu button.
  2. Clicks on the three-lined hamburger menu icon to the left of "My Library".
  3. Clicks on "Settings" from the Studio slide-out menu.
  4. On the "Permissions" tab, clicks the toggle switch under the "Student" column for "Add video quizzes to media".

The terminology in this Guide, How do I manage Canvas Studio user role permissions as an admin?, is slightly off, but the screenshots show what this looks like for an admin.

You might want to have a conversation with your school's local Canvas admin to see if they would be willing to turn this option on for all students at your school.  🙂

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

@Chris_Hofer -- does that mean that the student can create a quiz, and give the quiz to other students?   @MaraSheakley-Ea - I'm very interested to learn more how you would use this?

Thanks!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.