[Studio] navigation menu - course sort order

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I currently have 507 courses listed under Course Media in the Canvas Navigation. These appear to be sorted from the oldest to newest course which is probably via the Canvas course ID in ascending order.  I propose this be reversed so the more recently created courses appear at the top of the list.

Justification:

• This will enable access to the most recently created courses first and will likely remove any need to scroll down the list. 
  • This approach will improve the process for instructors who desire quick access to the newly developed Studio media analytics.

Studio navigation menuStudio navigation menu

Added to Theme

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

James
Community Champion

@Jeff_F 

That list does indeed need some help.

I would also advocate for the ability to remove collections from that list because you probably don't need all 507 of them anymore (if ever).

Also the ability to change the names when the name of the course changes in Canvas. We have the term in the course name, but it's at the end and part of the ellipsis in Studio. It shows up with a tooltip on a hover, but it's mostly hidden. I've gone through and renamed all my Canvas courses to use short names "Stats" vs "Introduction to Applied Statistics" so now the term shows up, but only if I remember to do that before I go into Studio the first time.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Studio Release Notes (2023-02-21)