Subject List

0 Likes

Organize subjects by student. Currently the setup makes it unclear for parent observer of multiple students to tell what subject is related to what student.
Encourage Consistent subject naming. Require a field for Grade Level, Class Period, Name of Class when teachers are creating their subject page (ex.4th Grade, 2nd Period, Math)

User role: parent and observer of four children using Canvas and 33 subjects in no particular order with unclear subject names.  

Tags (3)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @LindseyKesecker -

These are great things to be able to do as an Observer. Some should be available to you in a browser, and some will be available through the Canvas Parent app.

With multiple students, you'll see the name of the student right on the course card. You can also color-code based on the student if you think that would help. Sometimes, observers even change the nicknames of the courses to help! ...especially because teachers or the school set the official names that may be inconsistent school- or district-wide. (I included the details of this in a blog Clarity for Canvas Observers.)

You can easily toggle between students using the Canvas Parent app. How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? 

How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

Unfortunately, there is not a way to filter your browser dashboard by a student yet. However, there is an idea open for conversation and rating. 

Parental observation in canvas complicated with three children! 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived