[Syllabus] Dynamically add code to the Syllabus or a Page

0 Likes

All the ability to add code dynamically to the page by using js or some other method.

The thought behind this is at the college level there is a huge chunk of information added to a syllabus.  It would be nice to have the ability to dynamically add the institution content that if changed in the main institution file would show the updated information any time a student clicks on it.  That way instructors or instructional designers don't have to update the content or worry that someone hasn't updated the content.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (4)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @dspiel,

A Canvas admin can do this through the global javascript file (either for the root account/all courses, or for specific subaccounts).  I have a short code snippet on my github for this.

-Chris

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you @chriscas for sharing this is already possible for Admins. I appreciate your help!