Syllabus Edit/View Access in Teacher App

The Teacher App does not allow you to access the syllabus for your courses. Since many of us have moved to tablets or our mobile devices for planning, it would be nice to have access to edit/view our course syllabus in the mobile application.

I called mobile support today to confirm that this was not a feature already offered that I just couldn't find. The gentleman I spoke with was incredibly helpful and let me know that this feature was not available in the Teacher version of the app. He offered me a work-around (pasting my syllabus into the home page section), but that causes there to be two copies of the syllabus that aren't linked - so any changes made to one would have to be made to the other manually. It's a quick fix for now, but not an ideal as a long-term solution. 

Hope this idea is helpful!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Mobile

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.12)

24 Comments
nsekerak
Community Novice

Strongly agree.

dennee
Community Novice

Strongly agree. I would like to be able to see what my students see on their app. It would be nice to not have to always use the Student app to do this.

samuelevans
Community Novice

This is beyond ridiculous. 

laurelp
Community Participant

It's unbelievable that this isn't already a feature. 

Anders_ABERG
Community Member

Yes, please add this function!

rmcintyre
Community Member

Please make this available.

Very important to be able to refer to Syllabus when conversing with students outside of the office or away from a computer.

nnelson23
Community Explorer

I agree! It would be so helpful to have the syllabus available in the Teacher App.

montigne
Community Novice

AGREED. This is an essential feature that basically renders the iOS app useless for the bulk of my class work. It’s only good for an info glance, and for taking attendance without syllabus access, the ability to create and edit assignments, and the ability to edit pages. Thanks

emhorsman
Community Novice

This suggestion has been lingering with "Open for Conversation" status for nearly two and half years. The comments appear to be unanimously in favor of this feature.

So, Canvas, what more does the community need to do get you to move this forward?

rseilham
Community Champion

This feature is now available in version 6.10 for iOS and 1.12.0 for Android.