Sync to Pinnacle Gradebook

0 Likes
(1)

Last year, when an assignment was synced to Pinnacle, it would populate even if there were no grades, so a student could see upcoming assignments and due dates in Pinnacle, the county's grade book of record. It no longer does this, so to see upcoming assignments and stay organized with due dates, students must go to both places, since not all assignments are completed in Canvas (vocabulary.com and commonlit.org are two examples in my language arts class). This change occurred after the (fairly) recent change to the syncing process.

It sure would be great if when I synced my assignments - with or without grades - it would populate the assignment information in the gradebook.

Thanks

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@HaaseRyan 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Before we move it forward for broader discussion, could you confirm that you've already brought this changed behavior to the attention of the local Canvas admin for your district and that they have discussed it with their contacts at Pinnacle?

HaaseRyan
Community Member
Good afternoon,

When I shared it with an administrator at my school, I was provided with the link to submit suggestions.
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@HaaseRyan 

Thanks for that quick confirmation. We'll move it forward now.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Bonne-Maman3
Community Member

I agree. I want to be able to create and publish assignments and even though they don’t have student submissions have them sync. That way students can see what is coming up. We use Pinnacle too. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Instructure is exploring this type of behavior as part of a personalized settings epic on our roadmap (but would not do it by default).