cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Properties PopUp Menu

Table Properties PopUp Menu

0 Kudos

When typing text into a Table on Canvas, the Table Properties PopUp Menu gets in the way. I can't see what I am typing. There does not seem to be any way to disable it.

Here's a screen shot to show what I mean:

Canvas.png

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@rterrill1 Thanks for sharing this idea. I was not able to replicate it in my own course, however. When I clicked on a table in RCE edit mode, the table properties consistently displayed immediately below the spot on which I had clicked in the table.

Before we move this forward for further discussion, could you confirm that you have already asked Canvas Support to have a look—and if you have, would you provide the case number for the interaction?

rterrill1
Community Member

Thank you, Stephanie. Here are two more screen shots that show a bit better what I am talking about.

Here's the first screen shot. Notice that the Table Properties PopUp Menu is below where I am typing, just as you described:

Shot_1.png

Now, here's the second screen shot. Notice now that the Cell is filled with text, and the Table Properties PopUp Menu is on top of the first line text. Because the PopUp Menu appears whenever the Cell is active, it is impossible to go back and edit that line.

Shot_2.png

rterrill1
Community Member

Of course, I understand that the work-around is to extend the size of the window. If the window is large enough, then the PopUp Menu will appear back at the bottom of the Table Cell. But that work-around is clumsy. And if the amount of text inside the Table Cell is too large, then the window can't be made large enough to force the PopUp Menu to appear at the bottom. So, that work-around doesn't always work. Anyway, thanks for your attention to this matter. I appreciate it.

KOliveras
Community Participant

Thanks for sharing this.  I am also experiencing the same issue. 

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rterrill1 @KOliveras Please initiate support cases for this behavior if you haven't already. Thanks.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived