Table Properties - alignment issues

0 Likes
(1)

Also, while working in a table, there are options for aligning text left/center/right, but no options for aligning text top/middle/bottom. Because the default setting is set for the middle, this means that the different columns do not look "aligned" with each other unless I add extra lines below in the cell with less text. This doesn't even always align it 100% correctly. I'm uploading one screenshot showing an example table with misaligned content (no extra lines added), and a second screenshot of a table that I could NOT get to align perfectly even with adding extra lines below the shorter cells. (I do realize that there is a way to do this using the HTML editor, but this should be a standard feature on the regular editor.)

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

TiffanyStull
Community Participant

I think meaningful alignment can help with accessibility, particularly for those with cognitive disabilities.

aeagle
Community Explorer

@LauraRogers5 You can modify the alignment of text within a cell - it's just hidden in a formatting menu. 

1. Select the cells in which you would like to realign the text (when you click and drag, they'll turn a dark color to show they're selected)
  2. Above the RCE are the menu options for Edit, View, Insert, etc. From that row, select "Table"
  3. Select "Cell" then "Cell properties"
  4. The last option under "cell properties" is vertical align, which I think is what you're after
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.