Table Properties - two issues with suggestions

0 Likes

When typing text into a Table on Canvas, the Table Properties Pop-Up Menu blocks the top row of text in the table so that I can't see what I am typing. I've gotten around it by typing blind, then saving my work to see if there were any typos. I cannot find a way to disable/minimize this menu, but it needs a button to do this.

Also, while working in a table, there are options for aligning text left/center/right, but no options for aligning text top/middle/bottom. Because the default setting is set for the middle, this means that the different columns do not look "aligned" with each other unless I add extra lines below in the cell with less text. This doesn't even always align it 100% correctly. I'm uploading one screenshot showing an example table with misaligned content (no extra lines added), and a second screenshot of a table that I could NOT get to align perfectly even with adding extra lines below the shorter cells. (I do realize that there is a way to do this using the HTML editor, but this should be a standard feature on the regular editor.)

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @LauraRogers5 -

Thank you for sharing this feedback in the Community! Both of these are valid requests, but to best develop conversation, the Community Team requests that each Idea has its own thread. You can edit this idea to feature one Idea and copy/paste the other into its own Idea. Thank you!

How do idea conversations work in the Instructure Community? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @LauraRogers5 -

I wanted to see how you were doing and to check on this Idea. If you have any questions regarding the editing process or Idea Conversations, please let the Community Team know. If we don't hear from you by April 22, we will need to archive this thread to allow us to focus on newer requests.

LauraRogers5
Community Explorer

I will post this as two separate threads. Thank you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived