Tables reset - resulting in wasted time marking assignments for large groups.

0 Likes

When using TurnItIn, I am marking assignments, but after I click a document of a student, the table resets to the top.

This means I have to scroll down to the next student which is wasting alot of time.

Can you add a bookmark on the table so it does not reset?

Thanks - email me if you want more information on the issue (its technically not a bug, just a pain to use)

Dave

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@d_a_tully ‌, are you encountering this in the Turnitin interface specifically (not in Speedgrader or the Gradebook)? Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the table with students' names obscured?

d_a_tully
Community Novice

Hey Stefanie.

The image is above.

1. I scroll down the names.

2. I click on the link to open a new window (the students coursework).

3. I go back to Canvas but the table is set to the top again.

I know it’s a small thing to moan about – but thought others might hate it as well.

Other info which may be important.

Chrome, Window10, I go just on the ‘assignments module’ and click the link for the assignment - https://canvas.ljmu.ac.uk/courses/14171/assignments/15917

If you need any more information then please email and I will try and help as much as I can.

Thanks

David Tully

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@d_a_tully ‌, we are not able to see the screenshot. Please navigate directly to your idea https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11351-tables-reset-resulting-in-wasted-time-marking-assignment... , make sure you're logged into the Canvas Community, and upload it directly. Specifically, it's not clear to what "table" in "the table is set to the top again" refers: is this the Gradebook?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.