Teacher App: Audio Feedback

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

We've had a few of our courses go live in the move to Canvas and some are even at the point of marking. In the excitement of it all, we've had the release of the Teacher App. 

It might already be on the radar but I'm still figuring out how to navigate this community...

Our teachers would love the function of audio comments/feedback on the teacher app for assessment. We love the ability to do this on desktop, but obviously, our VE sector do a lot of "on the job" types of marking as well. It would be ideal if teachers could quickly provide audio feedback via the app as well!

Comment from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1) .

8 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@kim_flowers ‌ ~

Thank you for taking the time to author this Feature Idea, branching it from your discussion (Teacher App: Audio Comments)! I can think of many great use-cases for audio comments when providing students with feedback with mobile. While it was an option in the SpeedGrader apps, I think the audio/media comments will be greatly missed with the Canvas Teacher app.

Canvas Mobile Users‌, let's rally some votes for this idea! Smiley Happy

craigring
Community Novice

I am glad that this idea has been added. As a music teacher, we use this function a lot. Our technician uploads compositions and performances as media comments when students have recorded in the studio. I can't currently access these through the Teacher App, which means I can't mark their work using it at the moment. It looks like a great app, but will be continuing to use the legacy app for the time being until the new app adds this ability.

rseilham
Community Champion

Canvas Teacher 1.1 is out and this feature is included. Thanks everyone! 

Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@kim_flowers  Thank You for submitting this idea, as well as,  @KristinL  Nice Work ,  @craigring  Nice Work ,  @rseilham  Nice Work  on your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1) .

kara_robinson
Community Novice

@kim_flowers  Congratulations on the idea being deployed!  This is such a great idea and was moved along so quickly after we discussed it in class!  Thank you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed