Teacher View of Blueprint Association

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like teachers to be able to see what Blueprint Course is associated with their course.

Currently, only Canvas administrators can view the associations for the Blueprint feature. I believe teachers in the Blueprint and associated courses should be able to see the relationship.

blueprint‌ blueprint courses‌ associated_courses‌

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13988-canvas-production-release-notes-2018-01-27 .

15 Comments
SHEBENE
Community Champion

This is such a given that I assumed it was a bug and put in a ticket (about 15 minutes ago). I would love this to be added. It's crazy that I could, as a teacher, sync changes and have no idea where they are going. What if the admin set it up wrong. I could get that fixed before syncing. What if the admin didn't unassociate the courses at the end of term? I could get that fixed before syncing. Crazytown for sure. Vote this up!

dolce
Community Participant

The only problem I see with your statement is that Admins NEVER make mistakes.
Just ask us. 😉

SHEBENE
Community Champion

Crumb! I'll have to turn in my admin hat!

dolce
Community Participant

You got a hat?!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

If Neal is like most of us, he got six or more hats!

Kelley

SHEBENE
Community Champion

None as fancy as yours. Smiley Happy

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Nah, yours are way fancier, Neil!

Or perhaps it is one of those "greener grass" things.

Kelley

SHEBENE
Community Champion

This feature needs more votes! It's essential for Blueprint Courses as a feature. This feature: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9594-view-blueprint-from-an-associated-course is very much needed as well. It's a two-way street and though separate features they should both get your votes. Check it out, pass it around, vote it up. All the usual. Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@fox  

Check out the Blueprint Courses: Associated Course Links section of the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2018-01-15) 

I believe this provides what you're seeking, but I wanted to check.  It provides a list, but access is limited if the instructor does not have access to the other courses.

SHEBENE
Community Champion

Sweet!