[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Teacher app Calendar access

I use my browser Canvas to create content, but I rely on the Teacher app to access the content for my courses when I'm in the classroom or otherwise away from my desk.  The Canvas features I need most are the files (syllabus and aids), the Attendance taker, and the Calendar (to look at upcoming deadlines or activities).  

At this point the only feature that I cannot access via the app is the access to the Calendar.  

Wouldn't that be nice?

Added to Theme

40 Comments
tbmills
Community Novice

Our University is new to Canvas (transf from Moodle) and I spent 30min trying to figure out why the calendar was not showing in my teacher app. My kids even use Canvas in their school and they said "well that's dumb why wouldn't a teacher have access to the calendar when they are the ones putting up the material?" If I have the app why should I have to pull out my laptop or view it on the tiny screen of my phone to be able to see the calendar on the web version. Seriously???

jfenn
Community Novice

I just want to underscore the angst and frustration felt by all of us who have lost countless minutes–nay, collective hours–of our lives, in search of the elusive Canvas Teacher calendar. As mentioned, it's there on the students' app. It's there in the browser. It's there in our hearts and minds and in the Platonic ideal of what the Canvas Teacher App should be. Though the community at large seems currently more interested in PDF exportable quizzes, I'd like to think this request doesn't have more traction because it's simply so self-evident that the feature should be there. As I recently commented to support, would one create a calculator app and then rely on its user-base to suggest the inclusion of a '+' button? Gracious no. Please Instructure, if you can't, after all these years, include the calendar, in the meantime, please at least tell us

WHY?

slcampbell
Community Novice

I did not have the Canvas teacher app on my phone when I had a family emergency.  I knew I had students signed up for office hours but did not know who.  I wanted to content them.  I downloaded the teacher app hoping that would get me into the calendar.  I am disappointed this function is not part of the app.  Please add it.

ptiron
Community Novice

Our faculty lecture in multiple courses that are on Canvas and all courses put their schedules on the Canvas calendar.  It would be very helpful to have the Canvas calendar available on the app.  

ptiron
Community Novice

Now more than ever we need this.  I am managing several courses remotely.

samreena_baqal
Community Novice

Calendar is needed for sure.

natalie_olivera
Community Novice

Access to the Calendar on the app is essential, particularly in these times! Please make this happen. The suggestion was raised 2 years ago! 

suzanne_giddens
Community Member

Teachers need to be able to access their course calendar from the Canvas Teacher app.

Ebarton
Community Member

I would really like to be able to view my calendar from the mobile app, and even more, I would like to be able to get reminder notifications of events on my calendar.  The calendar feature is not very helpful if I have to go to my PC and navigate to the calendar to check it several times a day.  I really have too much going on to remember what time everything is.

kimmeyd
Community Explorer

We would like to upvote this, numerous teachers are wishing this simple feature was part of the app.  Again, it is difficult to get teachers to change their protocols and getting them to use the Canvas calendar has been difficult, and this feature is another reason for them to use external scheduling apps and calendar features.