[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Teacher app Calendar access

I use my browser Canvas to create content, but I rely on the Teacher app to access the content for my courses when I'm in the classroom or otherwise away from my desk.  The Canvas features I need most are the files (syllabus and aids), the Attendance taker, and the Calendar (to look at upcoming deadlines or activities).  

At this point the only feature that I cannot access via the app is the access to the Calendar.  

Wouldn't that be nice?

Added to Theme

40 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted!  @eric_m_stehl-1 ‌, I've been meaning to re-submit this idea and am glad you beat me to it - thanks!. I will shortly make a link to this idea from predecessors in Cold Storage‌.

Please consider tagging your Feature Idea so that interested Community members might find it, such as the Canvas Mobile Users Group‌.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @eric_m_stehl-1 ‌ - When adding the calendar, do you hope to have an agenda view to which you can add content to specific calendars, or would you like the experience to match that of Canvas Student? (How do I view the Calendar in the Student app on my iOS device?‌)

vrichter
Community Contributor

I finally got my teachers to begin to really use Canvas and then found out the Calendar was not on the Teacher app.  PLEASE ensure that what students see, teachers also see.  It's really important to have them feel like they know what they're doing when they talk to the kids about the product.  Thanks for suggesting this feature (BTW-some of the Canvas documentation on the site does show the Calendar on the Teacher app.  Was it there and then removed?).

jeremiah_spilla
Community Novice

Term time just beginning here and access to the calendar function on the teacher app has come up several times already. 

vrichter
Community Contributor

We really need Calendar in the Teacher App.  We use Canvas for campus events and a major component is missing for teachers on the go.  Suggesting they use the web on a phone is not feasible.

servin
Community Novice

Seems like pretty basic idea that the mobile app should support basic functionality like calendar!

+1 for the idea ;    -1 for failing to provide it to begin with ...

RobDitto
Community Champion

If you're interested in this idea, please also consider voting for appointment scheduling in the Canvas Student app:

EmileSorger
Community Explorer

We absolutely need the calendar in the teacher app to help teachers coordinate their classes with students. 

EmileSorger
Community Explorer

Hi all. Until it gets added I figured out a temporary work around. You can copy the url of the course calendar as it appears on a web browser and create a link somewhere on a course page, this will enable teachers to access the calendar on a browser via that page.  Just be careful if you are connected with multiple courses as the admin because that could create a url that your teachers are unable to access. Hope it helps until the app is updated. 

emiller2020
Community Explorer

This has already come up for us several times as well. The calendar (at least a Syllabus?!) feature is the one that teachers access the most to make sure they can see what the students are seeing. Please add a calendar to the Teacher App.