Teacher collaboration

0 Likes

We need a feature where the teachers who teach the same subject to different students in the same school or district can collaborate on a quiz before having to share with each other. Adding and editing questions in a build mode that more than one teacher can have access to. This allows teachers to tackle formative assessments together each having an opportunity to add questions they need to check data on. I am hoping for something like google allows within their suite. 

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @buckthomas 

Thank you for sharing your idea! I'm opening it up for collaboration, but I wanted to make a suggestion that you and your colleagues can use in the meantime. Would it be possible for you to have a common sandbox or course where you could work together (it wouldn't work to work simultaneously on the same item) on content? You could then "copy to" your respective courses easily. Often schools don't allow teachers to create new courses on their own, but I'm sure that if you connected with your local Canvas Support person, you would be able to arrange something.

How do I copy a quiz to another course? 

How do I copy an assignment to another course? 

amy_koger
Community Explorer

Yes - the shared sandbox works well for this.  In my district, I do have to request a user be added to my sandbox but it is a very easy process.  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.