Team Drive Access via Google Docs Cloud Assignment

(7)

When creating an assignment using the "Google Cloud Assignment" option, you can select files located in "My Drive".  With the release of Google's Team Drives, teachers should have the ability to select files located in a "Team Drive" in addition to "My Drive".

27 Comments
justin_fleming
Community Novice

For academic departments, teams, and groups sharing and collaborating on course content, Team Drives are far more appropriate, and so it is a much needed addition to be able to easily and natively embed content from a Team Drive in Canvas courses. Please add this capability!

jeremy_woodward
Community Explorer

Please add this capability.

cassidy_vela
Community Explorer

To add a specific use case related to this integration:

All the faculty for a certain program at my university use a Team Drive to collaborate on syllabi and store course materials. Currently, the only way to add those materials to a course using the Google Drive External Tool is to move them from the Team Drive to a personal drive. It would be great if this tool connected to your Team Drives as well as your personal Drive.

rosales
Community Novice

I would really like access to my shared Google drive and Team Google drive materials for posting to Canvas. Please help!

tdrescher
Community Member

Currently, students must search for the document that the teacher shares. The Google Drive integration is almost useless if we can't have Shared Drives appear on the page.

ChristopherBrun
Community Novice

How is this still an issue?

I was so keen to use Canvas LMS but this is a significant road block. 

Lots of other apps that I use have made the update already so that Shared Team Drives are visible... Can Canvas please do this?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.