The ability to add or change assignments/pages/quizzes to multiple courses at once

0 Likes
(1)

I teach 6 sections of the same class over two days. I know you can make copies of entire developed courses, but that is not helpful if your course is being developed over time. It would be super beneficial to be able to have a check box button where you can copy an assignment/page/quiz etc. to multiple courses at one time (instead of having to go in and copy it to each individual class/module one at a time). If I am adding 3 things to my canvas module a day that is 18 times I have to go in and go through the copy process. It is also frustrating when I make a mistake in a quiz and I have to go in and change the mistake in each individual canvas page. This leaves room for lots of human error in my modules if I forget to fix something or add something to a certain course (or if canvas decides it isn't going to copy something it is even more frustrating to have to go and copy the assignment again in the middle of class on the fly). 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Mlaferri
Community Member

Yes!!!  I just suggested something similar.  The way it is right now is so tedious and time-consuming!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @KaitlynLong -

There are two (very similar) ideas open right now for discussion in the Community:

While you discuss being able to make a single change and have it distributed to all locations, there isn't an open idea for that. If you edit this post to only feature that part of the original request, that would be helpful.

However, with Commons, you could make resources available to just you and then push out updates everywhere the resource is used. It's an extra step that may not save you time in the end, but it would likely work!

How do I share a resource to Commons? 

How do I update a resource I previously shared to Commons? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @KaitlynLong -

I wanted to see how things were going or if you needed assistance editing your Idea. The Community Team knows that life can get busy, but if we don't hear from you by March 28, we're going to Archive this thread. If you need more time, that's okay too! An update would be appreciated. 🙂

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived