The orientation of uploaded images in Speed Grader can be adjusted on Canvas Teacher app

0 Likes
(6)

I would like to know if the orientation of the uploaded image on Speed Grader can be adjusted on iPad teacher app? I found that there is no such a button or icon. 

11 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

pyyu
Community Member

Would you please share how to do it ?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@pyyu  Thanks for sharing this idea. As this isn't currently possible in the Canvas Teacher app, we've moved this forward for broader discussion.

pyyu
Community Member

Thanks .

perkinsjanene
Community Member

I accidently clicked on 4 stars I meant 5 stars.  I would love this option to rotate students work on the phone app

Mjwhithd
Community Member

Can a feature be added on the Canvas Teacher app to allow teachers to rotate the students submission like there is on the desktop version? I have students that take pictures of their music theory submissions and some are vertical and some horizontal which makes it difficult to grade on the Canvas teacher app. I am excited to have figured out that I can use my iPad Pro and apple pen to write on their submissions, but this would make it a lot easier.

Thanks! 😉

Jennifer Whitehead

Fsutracey
Community Member

This is definitely a feature that needs to be added. Elementary kids take pictures upside down all the time and it would make it so much easier if I could rotate the image instead of turning my phone upside down. 

RuthAlysa
Community Member

I love the grader in the mobile app but it would be nice to be able to rotate an image in the app without having to go into speed grader on the computer and rotate it there then go back to my ipad. This would make annotating the submission so much easier. I teach math and the ability to write on a submitted paper is so great and important for my students. 

Nhadley12
Community Participant

Please consider the same rotation tool that you have on the webversion of Canvas for the DocViewer on the Canvas Teacher App. It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to rotate student work when it's submitted as an image on the iPad. When I rotate the device and write hand-written comments, the student can't see them as well as they are rotated for them.

Thank you. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.