To Do List

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04).

After going back and forth with Support (who were great), it has been discovered that only Assignments can be marked as done on the To Do list. Meaning that if I complete a quiz early, I am unable to mark it as done and remove it from my list so it still shows up on my Canvas To Do list widget until it is closed. It would be nice if we can mark anything that shows up on the To Do list as done. Another option would be the ability to choose what shows up on the To Do list. The widget is a nice feature, but it can get cluttered fairly quickly with quizzes, which is slightly frustrating especially when I have already completed them and want to see other items without having to scroll. I hope this idea can be implemented.

Thank you,

Janelle Blackwell

8 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is currently in development as part of the Dashboard-to-do-list project, discussed here. https://community.canvaslms.com/community/instcon/2017/blog/2017/08/08/instcon0017-product-announcem... 

jblckwll
Community Novice

Thank you for letting me know about this, however, will it allow students the ability to mark any item as done?

RobDitto
Community Champion

I'm hoping to connect this need and the new Dashboard project to an idea our institution's students regularly articulate:

Just as with marking items done, students need control of whether recent feedback and grades are shown when they navigate to Canvas courses from the Dashboard.

dave-long
Community Participant

Any updates on this idea?  I'm interested in being able to hide the Recent Feedback box in some courses.  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Comments from Instructure

This feature is now a part of Canvas. For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04) .

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed