To Do List

0 Likes
(2)

The to Do List used to list the total number of student submissions that need to be graded, it now only tells how many different assignments have submissions. Some teachers may prefer the way it is now, but I preferred the old setting. Can there be a way to choose how it displays the notification number?

Tags (2)
8 Comments
rleahy
Community Member

Agreed! It was much more helpful to see exactly how many student submissions needed to be graded rather than how many different assignments need to be graded. For example, it is not as beneficial to see that I have five things “To Do” when in fact within those five assignments I actually have thirty things that need to be graded. Additionally, this change makes it more difficult to track when students turn in an assignment as the “To Do” number will not increase unless they submit something into a new assignment.

MandiRuberg
Community Novice

I agree!!  I like to know exactly how many assignments I have to grade and I love to see what I have left.  When I graded today, it also didn't register the assignments as done until I refreshed the entire list.  I had to keep going back to see if I missed something.  I don't know if that was a new setting or a lag somewhere.  Please make it a setting or an option!!!

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Hi @AdrianneKerfoot,

Thanks for submitting this idea! Could you please clarify if you are referring to the To Do list in Canvas web or one of the mobile apps? Thanks! 

AdrianneKerfoot
Community Member
Author

I am referring specifically to the notifications on the mobile app.

JABalas
Community Novice

It is really not helpful at all to know how many different assignment categories I have to work with.  It would be much more helpful, as it used to be, to have a total of the number of individual submissions which I need to grade.  Please either restore it or make it something we can choose to configure in settings.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@AdrianneKerfoot The recent change to the To Do display in the Canvas Teacher app has been identified by our mobile team as a bug for which they've developed a fix. 

Thanks!

AdrianneKerfoot
Community Member
Author

@Stef_retired how do I access the fix for the bug?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@AdrianneKerfoot  The developers will implement it and, most likely, will incorporate it into the next update for the app.