To Homeroom or not

0 Likes

iOS app

When using Homeroom view....

+Course cards are bigger and easier for students to read

+Front pages show up, on all courses now (previously only the students homeroom course did this)

-Course navigation menu goes away

-course landing page shows up as the web based version?

-assignments are not clickable and shows up 

When not using Homeroom view...

+course navigation menu is visable

-front page does not immediately appear (unless you are the subject home, or after you click "pages"

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @jamstutz1 -

Thanks for sharing your post! It is a helpful "pros and cons" list of the different dashboard set-ups.

What functionality are you looking for regarding the Canvas Student app? We can work together to clarify the idea so other Community Members better understand the goals.

jamstutz1
Community Member

The goal would be for other users to see these pros and cons and to better troubleshoot any issues that students are having because of the varying functionality of the two views, or for the engineers to resolve the negative issues that are occurring.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @jamstutz1 -

There's a great resource available for Canvas for Elementary adopters: Canvas for Elementary Feature Comparison 

Would something like this be helpful from the mobile point of view? If yes, I can forward the request to the correct team!

I looked through some open ideas, and I found: @canvas app navigation student idea: Canvas App Navigation - Student

Sometimes, things may feel like they're built differently, and they likely are. I believe that the mobile team is able to bring in the responsive browser version (in a way) to bring features to the app more quickly.

You mentioned that some assignments in the Homeroom view are not clickable. That sounds like something isn't working quite right. Have you worked with Support to diagnose this issue?

If not using the Homeroom View, double-check your Home Page and Front Page settings. If both are set currently, it may be another good item to bring to the attention to Support.

Because this thread is more collaborative and may include possible changes/requests to multiple aspects of the Canvas Student app, it is being marked as Archived. If there's a specific aspect of the Canvas Student app that you'd like to feature, we encourage you to open a new thread. 🐼