To do tab

0 Likes

I think the To-Do tab on the Canvas app is criminally underserved. 

There needs to be a way for students to designate an assignment as a to-do item and add it to the list, and also to compose custom to-do items. 

for example, a drill for Arabic homework could be added from the class page if it is listed by selecting it, and having an option to add it to the Canvas to-do page, perhaps via the Share button. 

for assignments that are not listed directly on the class Canvas page, allow students to compose a to-do item, with a due date, reminders, and options to label the assignment/indicate it is associated with a particular class (I’d prefer to use colors). 

Canvas could have class assignments populating the to-do list by virtue of their being listed as assignments by the Professor; any outliers that do not automatically get listed in the to-do list can be added by the student. 

I envision color-coded (matched to the course color) assignments for the entire semester being listed in the to-do list, so that a student can have a clear understanding, at a glance, of what is due each day, and each week. 

Tags (3)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@109589644556562 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. You'll find the instructions for creating your own to-do items in  How do I add a to-do item in the List View Dashboa...  and  How do I add a to-do item in the Calendar as a stu... . Students can only add to-do items to their own calendars, as editing or adding to the calendar for a course is a permission reserved for the course instructor.

We have several discussions underway in the Idea Conversations forum about enhancing or improving organization of the to-do list. Would you please search through this forum to find existing discussions to support?

Thanks again.