[Mobile] ToDo List on Canvas iOS and Android Widgets

We have Announcements, we have graded assignments, and we have course grades, so why not add to the widgets for the ToDo List? That way, everyone is able to see the things that they need to do right from their home screen.

15 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Jgouken
Community Member

This can also include the Inbox as well, being able to see private messages sent from teachers or other students on the home screen instead of navigating through Canvas itself. It provides quicker ways to access the main necessities of Canvas without having to find them yourself.

VincentHuynh
Community Member

Hello! I just thought that support for the z flip3 would make things much easier to work around a busy schedule and being able to separate assignments from the built-in scheduling app would help it from looking too cramped. 

AlexisLemus
Community Member

Please don’t let this idea die. A to-do list in the widgets would be a powerful feature for students with busy lives to keep track of their assignments on the go.

Brucestiltner
Community Member

Would like to have the option to see To-do list of up coming assignments right on the widget instead of grades. Personally, by the time an assignment is graded, it’s the least of a students concerns. If one could open their device and see what needs to be completed right away, it would be that much more time efficient 

TiffanyRoe92
Community Member

Hello - student here - dropping a comment to revive this thread, I found this through google while looking to see if such a widget exists. Someone at #canvas #tech #support please see this and make it. Thank you! @Stef_retired @VincentHuynh @AlexisLemus @Brucestiltner @Jgouken tagging all of you for attention to the thread

KyleNorman
Community Novice

Update 2/15/22 still no “To-Do” widget for iOS. Someone at canvas get on this! 

WilStevens
Community Novice

Please create this!
As a student I do what is due next!

Some teachers use announcements some don't.

The todo list would be objectively more usable by the student.

TiffanyRoe92
Community Member

Thanks for commenting @KyleNorman  and @WilStevens  — Canvas, please update and make this widget before fall. I’m begging!!

bkrusz
Community Novice

I was just thinking how nice this would be. The announcement feature is nice, but many classes post non-urgent announcements that I wouldn't think would be helpful to see on a widget. I think having the ToDo tab as a widget would be a great way for students to have a constant reminder of what needs to get done in the near future every time they open their phone.