Quick View for Announcement Read Receipts

0 Likes
(4)

It would be nice if, as instructors, we could quickly see who had opened an announcement, as an indication that they read it (or at least pretended to). 

I realize that this information is available in the Access Report, however, opening this for each student is time consuming when all I want to know is if they saw the announcement in a timely fashion.  

I propose that a feature be added to the "three-dot" menu on announcements that would allow an instructor to see a roster of all students with an indicator (green check for opened, red circle for unread) next to the students name.  This would allow instructors to have a "quick glance" check to determine who may need another contact.

45 Comments
ecarrasquillo72
Community Member

I would like to be able to see a list of students who have seen the class announcement.

I would also like to be able to view a list of students who have visited a page in the course.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@skalkwarf 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Unfortunately, it's not one we would be able to develop, because a feature that shows which users clicked on or opened an announcement in Canvas would not present an accurate picture of who read the announcement. Many users rely on external notifications, and those who are receiving notifications of announcements will most likely not find the need to navigate to the Announcements page to click on the item.  

kyh802
Community Explorer

Four years later, and this still isn't in? That's really unfortunate.

And yes, @ecarrasquillo72, being able to go to a page and clock something that shows which students have viewed it would be so useful.

GloScho
Community Member

Yes please. Tracking announcements would be a big help.

JulieSheldon
Community Explorer

It would be really helpful if I could see who has read an announcement. I usually use announcements for important items and I would like to know if students have seen these in a way that is quick and easy. Thanks for considering.