Tracking where Arc media is embedded

(1)

In Arc Media Library the details about which pages / quizzes / assignments etc that contain the Arc media are not available.

So if you need to replace, edit or remove Arc media you need to manually search to find where they have been embedded.

Having the locations where the media is embedded would be very helpful for updating audio and videos in Arc.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for sharing this idea,  @wilfried_sharp1 ‌. You might also be interested in a related Arc idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7912-viewership-reports 

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good idea,  @wilfried_sharp1 !  I voted for your idea.  While we wait for something like this to be potentially implemented in Canvas, my work-around is to tag Arc videos with the course number.  We have "master" courses, and so when a video is added to Arc, I always tag that video with the "master" course number.  It doesn't get to the specifics of where the video is located in the course (as you've detailed in your idea), but it at least gives me an idea of which course it's in.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.