Two Dimensional Rubrics

0 Likes
(3)

langenhuizenal_0-1615309645588.png

It would be nice to be able to create a single rubric that can be use to score two (or more) criteria simultaneously.  In the example, above, a math teacher could evaluate both content knowledge and the impact that procedural fluency has on producing correct answers with use of content knowledge.  Many times the criteria one uses to evaluate student work is not mutually exclusive of other criteria.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@langenhuizenal 

I see the value of that for some people.  Rubrics have been a learning experience for me and now you want to make it worse.  I'll expect 3-d rubric grading shortly (just kidding).  I upvoted this because I think it is a worthwhile grading rubric that some people definitely use.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.