Unfortunate Audio Icon Needs Replacing

Linking to an audio file I get a large slightly rectangular playback icon on my course page (shown below). This graphic is way too large and the wrong shape. What I want in its place is the thin horizontal black playback line (shown below) that comes up after I click the grotesque icon. Can you fix this so all users see is the thin black playback line?  Thank you for your efforts at this!

110341_Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.31.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.31.42 AM.png110342_Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.30.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.30.49 AM.png

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

24 Comments
kimberly_veigul
Community Novice

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way we could make the audio box smaller.  Currently I believe it is width320x14.25REM and it is incredibly large and messes with the formatting of the canvas course when trying to just record myself reading one sentence for my first graders.  I tried to change the HTML code to "width: 100px; height: 5rem and that seemed to be better, but the problem then was that there was no blue play button and it was just a blank white square.

j_kleijn
Community Member

When i use a mp3 file on a page, the size object that is shown is too big.  only want the bottom part with the play button.

is there a way to achieve this?

j_kleijn_0-1614621302640.png

i did enter the text "Soundfragment" on my page and linked the mp3 file to that. Result is cleaner. Now the same box is openend on a new tab..... not wat i want

dlyons
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

The audio player has additional space where a video would normally go to accommodate captions provided to make the audio file accessible as shown in the screenshot below.

Audio player with captionsAudio player with captions

It might be possible to make the player more streamlined or even dynamic based on whether or not captions are available/shown only for audio files but no such changes are planned at this time.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived