Ungraded check off in Gradebook

0 Likes

As an instructor, I have my students complete ungraded assignments with a specific score (without that score affecting their grade). Canvas use to have a way to show these assignments in gradebook as "completed" but that option is no longer available. I'd like to be able to see these assignments in gradebook, so that it is easy for me to see what students have completed this task. Is there a new way to go about doing this?

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @slehvie -

When you build an assignment, you should have the ability to select the Display Grade As..., the Submission Type, and determine whether or not to count the assignment towards the final grade.

How do I add or edit details in an assignment? 

I hope this lesson helps you! If it does, wonderful! If not, please let the Community Team know what you're experiencing so we can continue to collaborate.

slehvie
Community Member

Thank you for your comment, but the problem that I have is that the assignment is a quiz. There use to be a choice of an ungraded quiz with the option of "complete/incomplete" but that is no longer. If I post the grade (100% or 36/36 required), it gets included as part of the grade.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Are you working with New Quizzes? If so, I wonder if this Idea would allow you to accomplish what you say you used to: New Quizzes: Practice quizzes 

slehvie
Community Member

Yes! I agree with most of the comments. I do not like New Quizzes for several reasons.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @slehvie - Because there is an ongoing conversation regarding the Practice Quizzes, we'll archive this thread to make sure the discussion is focused in one place.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived