Unpublished Assignments-Differing Colors

0 Likes
(2)

When I open my course the landing page is the syllabus (per the administration I teach for). When looking at the list of assignments, I would like the PUBLISHED assignments to be the regular black color but the UNPUBLISHED assignments to be RED. This would allow me a visual so no assignments are missed in the stream. 

Instructor

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

dlyons
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@CaylaRevels, Unfortunately it violates accessibility guidelines to convey meaning using only color as you've described. The Assignment page and Modules includes the published status of items for quick reference though!

TiffanyStull
Community Participant

As long as both color and another meaningful indicator for low vision or no vision users are available, it should be fine to add a color feature (or better yet, a per-user option to color-code certain content), especially if it makes it more accessible for color-oriented users.

Of course any text color would need to have sufficient contrast with the background color on the page to be readable by users with color deficiencies (e.g., dark red on light background or very light red on dark background).

glockamy
Community Member

Anything that would allow me to differentiate from published and unpublished assignments in my syllabus stream would be greatly appreciated!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.