Update Course Summary on Syllabus

(4)

I LOVE LOVE the course summary on the Syllabus and always make that my home page.  That being said, I really wish the course summary would 'age out' past due assignments.  Or put them at the end.  That way the current due dates are always near the top and students would not need to needlessly scroll. 

I saw a similar idea from 2017 but it looks as if there was no consensus on how to best accomplish a sort that everyone could agree upon.  But why not just leave it in date order - as it is - and remove the past due items from the top of the list?

Thanks

Ronda

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea,  @ronda_shutt ‌. You might also be interested in https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/17082-add-completion-andor-grades-to-course-summary-screensyll...

ashleya2
Community Participant

If Instructure people are reading this, could you count me as a YES PLEASE? Thank you! (I can't see how to upvote things now. Can we still upvote? )

seana_wallace
Community Member

Yes!! Why hasn't this been done yet??  This has been such a struggle for so many kids!!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.