Uploaded file, especially media, does not show in the drop down

0 Likes

I believe this is more about fixing a bug rather than a new idea.

It has happened to me multiple times where when I upload a media file (mp4) and I want to link and insert it into a module, the file does not show up in the drop down. I have tried to search for the file, it still does not show. I have to log out and log in multiple times and if I am lucky I will find the file in the folder where it was saved as opposed to other files like Excel where the latest uploaded files are at the top of the drop down list.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @HosseinTavana,

Could you provide more information about the dropdown you are using to add files and where it's located? Are you trying to upload files from your computer, course files, or user files?

Naomi

HosseinTavana
Community Member

Here for instance I want to insert a media file that I have uploaded already.

The most recent file was not showing up. Search did not work either. I had to log out and back in several times to see the file.

Capture--Canvas Insert Problem.PNG

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @HosseinTavana,

So it's not displaying files you've uploaded to your course or user files? That does sound buggy. Because of that, I'm going to archive your idea. I'd recommend reaching out to Canvas Support. They can take a look at your specific Canvas instance and investigate why those files aren't displaying. 

Naomi