Use Course Dashboard Cards for Catalog Listing Images

(3)

When creating a course in the Catalog, you must upload a thumbnail graphic for the listing.  However, the Catalog graphic is a different size than a Canvas Dashboard Card image.  This means I have to create new images or resize the ones I have, and upload them twice.  My feature request has two parts:

1. Make the Catalog Images the same size as the Canvas Dashboard Card Images.
  2. Have the Dashboard image automatically sync to the Catalog when you pull in the course into your Catalog listing.
4 Comments
kimberly_ellis
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

sgtandmrslewis
Community Explorer

I would like to see this idea implemented as well. Our clients use catalog to tryout samples and having to resize or reupload due to sizing issues is a huge headache when it could simply be a matter of "syncing" to match. This would make things so much easier! 

GregoryJoiner
Community Explorer

I agree- this should be a feature request not a 'Open for conversation'.

having different graphic sizes is silly. The thumbnail is also cut off.

Maybe add a note or link to the doc that has the size specifications and display impacts of different sizes?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.