Useless features

0 Likes

This program, canvas, has an infinite number of useless features that confuse me. I'd like to get rid of everything so I don't see them in front of me.

Calendar, history, commons, rubrics, syllabus, outcomes, collaborations, etc. etc., and then when I write text there are billions of fonts, colors, etc, etc. Can I delete everything except two features: 1. Write text. 2. Upload a pdf file. It numbs my brain to see so much useless clutter.

It looks like all these useless programs by microsoft, like word, that contain a zillion functions of which only 1 or 2 are useful for me: just write text.

So, how, on canvas, I say "delete this and that button and don't show them again to me?" I'd like to have a plain page with 2-3 buttons. The rest are irrelevant and confusing.

Takis Konstantopoulos

Prof. of Mathematics

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@takiskon 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We appreciate hearing it; however, the Idea Conversations forum is designed to facilitate focused prompts presenting a problem case and requesting an enhancement to a specific feature or functionality in Canvas. As such, we're not able to move it forward for discussion here.

Have you discussed your concerns with the Canvas admin for your university? The admin has regular meetings with the school's Customer Success Manager (CSM) and that would be the best forum to express these issues on your behalf.

takiskon
Community Member

There's nobody at my university who can help.

I'm simply asking whether I can get rid of all buttons except one or two because I don't want to be seeing features that I never use:

Calendar, history, commons, rubrics, syllabus, outcomes, collaborations,etc,

Whom to ask, I don't know. I simply click on various things on this internet and ask, because I don't know whom to ask. Maybe some kind soul will help me and make my life easy. Currently, canvas is HELL for me.

Takis Konstantopoulos

Prof. of Mathematics

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@takiskon 

I'd like to be able to assist you with this, but it appears that the University of Liverpool has placed its staff portal behind authentication credentials (which is as it should be), so I can't investigate further on your behalf. Would you please log into Staff login - University of Liverpool to learn more about how to, or whether you can, contact the Canvas admin for the university?

In the meantime, we have many, many kind souls who might be able to assist you here. Would you post a question about your concerns to the Instructor - Canvas Community group hub? We have a large group of empathetic teachers, instructors, and professors participating there who might help make your life easier.

Thanks.