[Studio] Video File Management in Studio

I would like to be able to move multiple videos at time from my global studio into a collection. 

Use Case: We have an American Sign Language course with TONS of videos. We migrated to Canvas in 2018/2019 and studio collections did not exist at that time. To help organize, we uploaded videos to the course studio to establish some sense of organization. Now, collections are the best way to manage and share videos with teachers of that course.  There is no way to move all videos associated with a course into a collection. The only way is to search through all of my videos in global studio and select one at a time to move into the new collection.

We really like the collections feature for sharing and managing videos; we just need a good way to move videos into them multiples at a time.

Added to Theme

Additional enhancements for Studio Theme Status: Identified

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

samantha_carpen
Community Explorer

Yes, being able to move multiple videos at one time needs to be a feature ASAP.

paula_mcdougald
Community Member

This feature idea would be a huge benefit and time-saver when sharing content among teachers or similar courses! Studio collections are a great organization tool. Improving/adding to the use would only make the tool better for a wider range of uses and users. 

stephanie_plafc
Community Novice

Yes, this would be a great idea!!!

jessica_carter
Community Novice

Such a helpful idea!

kristy_vickers
Community Member

This would be a fantastic addition to the many other features already set in Canvas.  It would be a time saver and a game-changer for instructors. Any new feature or tool added to help instructors with their tasks is always a plus.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme