View Completion for All Module Components by Individual Assignment

(2)

In the teacher view, there should be a way to go to an individual assignment, page, or discussion (anything with a requirement) posted in a module and quickly be able to see who has completed it. In a blended learning course where teachers are dealing with large numbers of students, this added feature would be very helpful in making it easy to track my students' progress in the module/course without looking up each individual student with the "View Progress" button.

4 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jacqueline_firs , at least for graded assignments, quizzes, and discussions couldn't you go to the gradebook and it will show who has submitted something to that specific assignment or not? You could also then message students who hadn't submitted (or who had) from there as well. Another way to see this is from Speedgrader. 

Another work around is the following Canvancement - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6061-obtaining-and-using-access-report-data-for-an-entire-c... 

Hope this helps!

pwalsh
Community Novice

Yes, you can go to the gradebook for this, but if you have students working in different modules it's very hard to get a picture of where a class is in a single module since you have to scroll back and forth and remember which assignments belong to which module.

I'd love a view for a module that shows each student and just a check mark for whether they've completed the requirements on each assignment. So, maybe more like the learning mastery gradebook with color codes for students who have completed an assignment and met any requirements on it and students who have attempted assignments but not met any requirements that might be there and blanks for students who have neither completed nor attempted that assignment.

I'd just like a quick visual to see where the class is as a whole and who is falling behind. Right now that takes way too long to suss out from the gradebook. Since I use the mastery gradebook for standards I can't use it for this purpose (although that would be one way to get what I'm asking for).

jennyread
Community Novice
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived