View List of Students' Personal Pronouns

0 Likes

Rather than wait for a student to post to a discussion, there should be a feature that allows the teacher to view all of their students' pronouns in one list. I don't know if you can see their pronouns by clicking on their user details in the "People" tab, and though that'd be better than just having them post to a discussion.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@Srta_H 

Would you please check your People list? When I navigate to my People list, I can see that the students who have entered their pronouns have those displayed in italics right next to their names; I don't need to click on their names to see what they have selected. 

Is it possible that the students in your courses haven't configured their pronouns yet?

Thanks.

Srta_H
Community Member
Author

I bet you're right, our courses aren't active yet as the students don't come for four more days. Do you know if there's a way to export an excel file that includes that?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Srta_H 

Thanks for the quick response! Since the pronouns students select display in the People list, we've archived this idea.

I haven't had the need to export a csv of the student list with pronouns myself, but you could post a question about it to the Admin Group. The experts there may well have a solution to offer. In addition, you might want to check with the local admin for your district (if that's not you) to see how they plan to handle pronouns with respect to whether they are giving students permission to customize this or have a way of populating the fields via SIS.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived