View Quiz Logs in Master List

(1)

I would really like to be able to have a report that tells me every student who was off of Canvas during a quiz without clicking on every student individually. This becomes time consuming with 150 students. 

7 Comments
straussi
Community Champion

Well, that's certainly something you can prevent with Respondus LockDown Browser. I know, money ...

Seriously, the Student Activity Tracking report will tell you (as an admin) the last activity time stamp by student for a particular class by section ID. Not sure if that would really help.

suzy_lolley
Community Novice

She is a teacher, so she wouldn't have admin reports:(

ouimettd
Community Novice

it would be nice if it sent you a notification that a student was out of the quiz through notifications or message through email, or their quiz score turns red similar to a late submission for an assignment.  I also wonder does it track when they leave the canvas quiz in the app on the iPad versus the canvas website.

rapiende
Community Novice

Without this report, the GREAT Log is very difficult to use...it takes 5 clicks and a minute to check each student.  With a class of 250, this is untenable.  I really need this report.

Thanks,

tvandermeulen
Community Novice

I agree that a bulk export of the logs will be extremely helpful, especially for larger classes. Now, if you want to maintain a record of the log, you'll have to extract it manually and the format it has once pasted into excel is not easily human-readable.

From Canvas support I gather that part of the problem could be that the quiz log does not reside with your class, but rather with the student account. If a student drops the class, they take their logs with them. I wanted to double check a potential cheater, but they had left the class and there was nothing I can do to retrieve the log.

jnobili
Community Member

Our teachers know how to view a quiz log for a student. Useful in seeing if students are opening up additional tabs during testing. However, it is quite a chore to look at each student individually. It would be great if teachers could get a complete log on the class for the quiz. Would be a great time saver for our teachers. The data is already there and available for individual students. It should not be too difficult to produce a report from the data, as it's already collected.

Again, would be a timesaver for our teachers and an aggragation of the entire class for a specific quiz. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.