View as a student features

0 Likes

With the 'view as a student' feature, I would like to have a separate student profile for my teacher email address. I should be able to do a quiz as a student, view my grades as a student, submit an assignment on gradescope (accessed from the Canvas site) as a student. So a full student profile and teacher profile for the same lecturer email address... Is this possible?

Thanks,

Carminda Mennen

Tags (3)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@CarmindaMennen 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Some schools allow teachers to create separate profiles, using their own credentials, to position a "fake student" in their courses; those teachers can then log in directly as that fake student and perform the same tasks as any other student enrolled in the course.

Accommodating this is up to the school administration. For example, when I was teaching, my school allowed this, but this can be problematic when a school is also using third-party authentication for its users. In addition, some schools don't allow the creation of any fake students who can perform real world tasks in Canvas because it distorts the data for the school.

So please contact the local Canvas admin for your district or your eLearning department to ask them whether this is something they are willing to create on your behalf.