Viewing the names of students who have applied for extensions

(1)

Request the ability to see the NAMES of the students that we have granted an extension under an assignment on Canvas. Please see the screenshot below of what we currently see.  This is not helpful and leads to extra work having to click 'edit' and search for the name and the date

351001_Capture.JPG

12 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@m_burstall , thanks for sharing this idea. Could you specify the location in Canvas where this list displays? Also, have you started using the quiz moderation feature in New Quizzes? This is how the moderation page for a quiz displays: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26454-how-do-i-use-the-moderation-page-in-new-quizzes 

We've placed this in Moderating status for the moment.

m_burstall
Community Member

Hello

This displays under ‘Assignments’ and is not relevant to quizzes

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@m_burstall , clicking on Assignments in the left navigation brings me to a list of assignments and assignment groups. I am not aware of the existence of a list within Canvas that shows students that have been granted extensions to assignments. I'm wondering if this is customized functionality specific to your university.

Would you describe the steps you're following to reach the screen in your screenshot?

m_burstall
Community Member
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks,  @m_burstall ‌; that screencast was very helpful, as it shows that the focus of this request is on the differentiated assignments functionality, and we've opened this idea for community consideration.

In the meantime, you might be interested in exploring this solution that instructors can implement on their own: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6232-show-student-names-for-differentiated-assignments 

m_burstall
Community Member

Thank you – tried what you suggested using link below – does not work

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Which link doesn't work,  @m_burstall ?

m_burstall
Community Member

Hi

The link works – I have installed Tampermonkey and the Show Override Names userscript - however this does not work to allow me to see the names

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@m_burstall , please post this to the comments under the resource where the author can see it and provide assistance.

rhunt
Community Member

In Teacher View, it would be fantastic to be able to see student names. In the example below you can see the due details for the class on November 18th. I want to remember who the two students are who have an extension. I don't want to have to scroll back up, go in to edit, scroll back down, and then cancel out of edit.

Due For Available from Until
Nov 18 at 12:00 Everyone else N/A Nov 18 at 13:00
Nov 22 at 23:59 1 student N/A Nov 22 at 23:59
Nov 22 at 23:59 1 student N/A
pwiltshireuts
Community Member

I would appreciate this ability to check student names without opening the edit function and potentially affecting settings.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.