Website URL submission

0 Likes

When students click in the website URL box, a dropdown menu appears of all previous website submissions. As much as I try to stress to my elementary students that they need to ignore that menu and paste their new link, I still have kids who regularly select one of those drop down options, thereby submitting the incorrect assignment (and in many cases losing the work that they had done).  I understand the value of having previous entries appear in many other areas, but in this particular case, it seems to be  confusing instead of helpful.  Is it possible to turn off this feature for the Website URL submission field?  

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@FosterTheMusic  Thanks for sharing this feedback. However, I was not able to replicate this behavior: as a student, each time I resubmitted, the Website URL box was blank and clicking in it did not generate any previous URLs.

It sounds like the previous entries are a function of browser or device settings. Is this happening to every student across multiple devices regardless of the browser they're using to access Canvas?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived