When Anonymous Grading is on, don't add student name to filename in bulk downloaded files

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. June 1, 2016 - Wed. September 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Although it is tantalizingly close, turning on Canvas Studio: Anonymous Grading  (AG) feature in an account or subaccount does not guarantee anonymity to students using Assignments and Quizzes and we are unable to take advantage of it. We need this feature along with Completely Anonymous Grading, Persistently Blind Grading to receive 100 votes and get to the next stage. Please vote for both!

Problem: in a file upload Assignment or question in a Quiz, the student name is prepended to the file name  in bulk zip download ("Download All Files "button on the Assignment). Instructor who are downloading files for offline grading can easily tie student to their submission.

Solution: Name should not be prepended to file name during zip download. Name could be replaced with "Student#" where # is the same as the student numbering within Speedgrader, allowing for instructors to input grades in Speedgrader.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-08-27)

15 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hey, Keli. I'm not sure.  I'll have to check.

I will also apologize that we moved this idea forward with the 2 lumped together.  We should have had them submitted as individual ideas, for the very reason of status updates!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to tita for submitting this idea, as well as,  @kmeeusen ​ &  @DanBurgess  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy

tita
Community Participant

Hi, please note that I don't consider this completed due to the way this was implemented. I have contacted the product manager through our CSM and would love someone to contact me. With Moderated Grading, we are so close.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed