White board in the Canvas for professors to share their notes in classroom.

0 Likes
(4)

It is useful in the scenarios where professors are teaching/ writing something on the board and at the same time students want to see those notes live on their devices on Canvas. Right now, faculties need to toggle between devices or screens for writing notes. 
It is also useful for students as they can save those notes created by the Prof. for the future reference.

5 Comments
eliekozah
Community Member

It is a great idea. As I find myself often taking pictures of whatever the professor wrote on the whiteboard.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

elinor_wren
Community Explorer

It would be good to have a Whiteboard LTI function that will open up an online whiteboard in Canvas - as part of a module maybe? Teachers and learners could interact with the whiteboard and then when the content is saved it saves into Canvas for easy accessibility. 

sarahmichalczak
Community Member

I agree, this is a great recommendation. As a division, we often have math and science teachers at the secondary level that display notes that need a drawing, formula, steps, etc. and have the need to show what they are doing. A Whiteboard LTI function that is built within Canvas would be a fabulous tool to utilize and reference.

Also, to add to this, having the ability for students to accomplish the same type of tasks on a whiteboard function and turn in an assignment is powerful as well.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.