[Rich Content Editor] With RCE Text Color Change in An Assignment, Automatically Leave Hyperlinks Blue

I would like to be able to change the entire font color for all text in an assignment to another color without changing the hyperlinks to that color. Or maybe a button can change the hyperlinks back to blue all at once from a one button click. 

It is difficult to search through a lot of text to be able to find all of the hyperlinks when they are camouflaged with the new font color. Also, there isn't a hyperlinks color. There is a similar color but not exactly the same. The exact color would be nice for consistency.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@GaylenStewart 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for further conversation, it's possible to use a color picker tool (I use the ColorZilla browser extension for Chrome) to identify the color of the hyperlinks and then customize the surrounding text according to one's preference and restoring the hyperlinks to the standard color identified by the color picker. The reason I phrased this in this manner is because while standard Canvas (out of the box) uses the color #299fe9 (again, according to my color picker), admins have the ability to customize their account themes to render hyperlinks in a different color; in addition, if users choose to turn on high contrast mode in their personal settings, the hyperlink will now display in #1b78aa.

Once a user has used a custom color by entering a HEX code, that color will be available in the RCE as a new default preference.

Hope this helps.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme