cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word count for Speedgrader (DocViewer) grading

Word count for Speedgrader (DocViewer) grading

(11)
It would be extremely helpful for student submissions to also include a word count when we are correcting them on Speedgrader through DocViewer.

Thank you!

106 Comments
Surveyor

@538b2fa8965d0a3 Thanks for the word count feature! It is working for me. One thing to note is that the count is consistently around 30 words higher then the count provided by Word. But overall a very helpful tool. 

Surveyor

Dear @JusVos, could you explain how you get the Word Count to work? I havent read all the comments to see where exactly this feature has been mentioned. Would appreciate if you could just give a short explanation:)

Surveyor

I vote for this feature! I think if you asked most faculty they would agree. Will there be any re-consideration for this anytime soon??

Surveyor

I totally agree here, it's a simple and very basic feature, can't see why SpeedGrader shouldn't have this. Hope it will be taken into consideration again!

Surveyor

Yes!

When my kids do a text entry assignment, they have a word count that shows them how many words they've typed. But when I open it in SpeedGrader, it doesn't tell me how many words it is. If I want to know I have to copy and paste it into Word to get a word count.

Surveyor

When my kids do a text entry assignment, they have a word count that shows them how many words they've typed. But when I open it in SpeedGrader, it doesn't tell me how many words it is. If I want to know I have to copy and paste it into Word to get a word count.